JOHN'S Garage

JOHN'S Garage
Practical thoughts for everyday!

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

April Fool

It is April and I don't feel that foolish. There is some wind today. This month is special because two people in my life have birthdays. It is the 22nd and 26th. I also get to visit my grandaughter this week. So I am excited on both counts, birthdays and blessed grandbaby.

Today is tax day. That is a stress. I do six returns and they are all finished. I am happy. Need to mail two of them in a little while. I am going when my wife arrives.

I am not a fool today because I still beleive in God in spite of experiences that drive me away from Him. The Bible says that a "...fool says in his heart there is no God." I know there is a God. I better because I am a pastor. However, just being a pastor is not a good enough reason. I beleive. I believe. I really believe.

He is not too worked up about the things that brought me stress today. He is not too worked up about taxes, stock market jirations, people who criticize me, or things that did not go my way. He is more concerned about my priorities. Is He first?

Well He is right now and that is all I can committ too right now.

If you read this pray. Pray for me. Pray for my church. Pray for God to give His direction.

Also, admire my grandbaby. Her name is Macon. She is a babe on the beach. She is now 16 months.

No comments: