JOHN'S Garage

JOHN'S Garage
Practical thoughts for everyday!

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Plans

I am making plans for the next few months. They involve me, Laurie, my church and my family. First I am going to a bible conference with some friends in May. I will be studying the book of Exodus. That will be sweet.

Also in May I walk across the stage at Midwestern Seminary to get my D. Min. I actually earned it in December but it will be awarded in May. On my birthday the church is having a celebration for my graduation. I am looking forward to a great time. 

Then there are the summer activities. Camps, bible school, back yard bible clubs and other things. It is going to be great. 

Finally, Laurie and I are going to Davao, Philippines for two weeks. We will be doing some mission work, encouraging our partners there and speaking at graduation of some tribal pastors. I want to be ready.

Also, I am preaching from Genesis the next two months, having a baby dedication and seeking to raise $25,000 for our endowment. 

These are my plans. However, we do not really know what will happen. All of these may change. But I want to have a plan I think God will honor. He has a plan. Therefore I should seek His will for my life. 

God is good. I want to do his will. I want to cling to the cross. I am forced to my knees by my failures but I get up in His strength. 

No comments: