JOHN'S Garage

JOHN'S Garage
Practical thoughts for everyday!

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Day Two In Philippines

We are getting ready to travel to Mt. Carmal tomorrow. Here is Laurie in a jeepney with the driver and the four cooks who will prepare a meal for more than 200 tribal pastors and their families on friday. They will purchase the rice and vegtables on the way. CRI, the organization I head, purchased some small pigs early in the year and those will be sacrificed and prepared for the group. It is much cheaper to do it that way. We had a farmer raise the pork for the event. It is a delacacy for these pastors who very seldom have meat.
Let me back up. We had a very stressful day on Tuesday. It rained most of the morning making it impossible for us to speak at the school yet we visited the school and had individual interaction with students and faculty.


We had lunch at a philippine restaurant in their fanciest mall. The mall is nice and we were able to fellowship with the Panaoungons, with his son Redeem and our two ladies helping with evangelism.


I assisted in purchasing a copy machine but they would not take the CRI credit card. I spent four hours at the store and still did not purchase it. I am trying again today. I was really mad. I cannot beleive it. They wanted a fax from our bank. However, the bank hours are just the opposite. Open here closed there. Open there closed here. Not fun. I asked the lady at the bank if she wanted the chairman of Visa to come here on a plane and bring the cash. She was not amused. I told her that the reason to have a credit card was to avoid paper. She was not educated by that remark either. I should just be calm. Today i will try to use the South Lindsay card and then call it quits. I am not optimistic.
We are just hanging out today. I am studying for the message on Friday, Sunday and Monday. Laurie is reading. Ed and Luz are preparing programs, certificates and their son Alan is running errands.
More to come later.

No comments: