JOHN'S Garage

JOHN'S Garage
Practical thoughts for everyday!

Monday, August 11, 2008

Forget Your Mother In Law

It is interesting that in another culture phrases are used that are intriguing and even amusing to us. In a restaurant in the Philippines they offer “bottomless tea” and “unlimited rice.” Those are expressions we would call free refills and all you can eat rice. Different but they communicate.

Ed told me about a new food he wanted to introduce to me and he said it is so good that it will cause you to “forget your mother in law.” My mother in law is hard to forget and it may not be that easy. You understand that I don’t want to forget her because she is the best. (She could be reading this).

We are winding down our ministry here and I will have lots to tell you when I return. As a matter of fact, we will be having a missions service on the 24th that will feature some information from our trip as well as our mission study organizations communicating their activities this year. Attending this service won’t make you “forget your mother in law” but it will speak of bottomless ministry opportunities and unlimited love.

If you want to follow our trip you may read about it on my blog at http://www.peewee3053.blogspot.com/ or you can look me up on facebook.com where I have posted some pictures. Make sure you check out Laurie and the pig (no I am not referring to myself).

No comments: