JOHN'S Garage

JOHN'S Garage
Practical thoughts for everyday!

Saturday, August 9, 2008

DIBC



Stands for Davao International Baptist Church where I spoke today. There were about 75-80 present and three made professions of faith. One lady was Muslim. She is seated two to the right of Laurie (the american). She was influenced by another Muslim friend (blue shirt) who came to Christ a year ago and is now involved in cross cultural missions. It was a great service. We had food after church. The Sunday School was wonderful. They are using V 2 V material and it is very helpful as they retool after a split. Ed is giving leadership.

I was low key and just preached like I do at South Lindsay. It was a great service with lively music. The WMU ladies did a great presentation at the beginning.

My health is 100%. Feeling good and trying to prepare to be scholarly tomorrow at the SBC meeting in Milang. Pray that I not get too big for my britches. I am going to do a short biography of Saul/Paul. I think it will be interesting to the high school and college students.

After that we are going to play. Missionaries don't tell you about the play part of it. Some of this trip is planned as a vacation for Laurie and I. The vacation part starts on Tuesday.

There was a blind man, Richard, who attended the church today with his two daughters. He is a former boxer and a missuse (guy that does massages). He is not a beleiver and was really listening. I think he is really close to Christ. The church is really working on him and loving on his family.


Tonight I have a strategic planning meeting with Ed and Ben Ebaan from the tribal convention. It will be interesting to see the results. We are trying to determne what to recommend to the CRI board regarding our next focus. Will it be in Mindenao, Visyas or both? We need prayer and guidance.


We attended a wedding at a Catholic church yesterday were the Aungon's grandson was Bible bearer. Here is his picture. It was a fun event.

No comments: