JOHN'S Garage

JOHN'S Garage
Practical thoughts for everyday!

Friday, August 8, 2008

Pig and Rice



We had pig and rice at the banquet. The pigs were purchased by CRI a few months ago and raised just for this occasion. They were the source of nourshment for about 300 people at graduation. Laurie got the first taste. She doesn't look too excited to me. She did not eat much of it. Of course, I could not eat at all except for a few bisquets (what we call crackers).

In addition to bisquet there are some interesting expressions I have learned along the way. They have regular ice tea and bottomless ice tea. Of course bottomless is free refills. Everyone should know that. They also have delivery with McDonalds.



They made a rock star out of me for the graduation. Now I know how my grandaughter Macon feels at church. They had my name in bold on the banners. Little do they know that I am really a red neck. I am just a south side Oklahoma City boy and I care about them and their work. I just want to help and that is why we are here.
The experience is more that I expected. Eye to eye contact is our best gift. Their gift is a smile. We are learning together to be better at the gospel ministry.
I will tell you more later.


No comments: