JOHN'S Garage

JOHN'S Garage
Practical thoughts for everyday!

Friday, August 8, 2008

A Friend On Facebook


This has been an interesting day. While on the facebook account my daughter set up for me I decided to try to find a long lost friend from seminary days, Ken Kawauchi. I did a search and found a Katy Kawauchi at Loyla Marymount. Guess what? You guessed it! She was his daughter. He e-mailed me and we have been catching up on old times. He lives in Hilo Hawaii. What a small world. I found my Hilo friend while in the philippines on facebook. This has been refreshing. We will keep in contact with each other.
Notice the picture of their family Ken sent me. Well they also have three dogs and I have those pictures as well.

We are going to a philippino wedding this afternoon. The Aungon's grandson, who is three, is the bible bearer in the wedding. We will blogg pictures when we get them.

I am reflecting on the experience at Mt. Carmel. It was a dose of reality. I got a spot on my berong (fancy philippino shirt) and had to speak with a stain. I sensed some rivalries, power plays and personality conflicts even among philippinoes. I should not be surprised. People are the same everywhere. The challenge is always to die to self so the gospel can be furthered. I will probably be able to preach better tomorrow because of experiencing those things. Church conflict is inevitable it is how it is handled that really matters.

This guy is probably not a Yankee fan. He may have just found the hat. Or perhaps a relative in the USA gave it to him. He let me take his picture. I thought it would be interesting to baseball fans. He might even be a former Yankee player.

No comments: