JOHN'S Garage

JOHN'S Garage
Practical thoughts for everyday!

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Don't Be Anxious

Jesus reminded us not to be anxious. If I can take things one day at a time I can make it. However if I am anxious I am unable to be focused. Right now I am listening to myself preach on tape. I am listening to one of my sermons from the road to recovery series I preached in June and July. It is one of my favorite series. It probably helped me more than anything I have done in a long time. It is a sermon about focusing on what to do today.

I am learning that willpower is not the way my life should work. My life should work with God's power. No "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Focus on what I want not on what I don't want. Don't think about the negative but the positive. Focus on the fruit of the spirit. Focus not on what you have been but on what you can become. Every day should be a time of refocusing my life. I am doing that right now.

Something bad on T.V. you don't just say I am going to close my eyes and not watch this you must change the channel to watching something better for you.

Feelings are fickle. They are like the back tires of a front wheel drive tire. Two front tires are thinking and doing. They dictate the back tires of feelings and body function. You controll things in your life by thinking and doing. It begins with doing something. Let the doing or the action lead you. If you are guided by the spirit you will not fulfill the lust of the flesh.

So there is no need to be anxious. Focus on people who will help.

No comments: