JOHN'S Garage

JOHN'S Garage
Practical thoughts for everyday!

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

On Wednesday we did our preparation for the graduation. It is Thursday instead of Friday. Communication here is different. I am going to speak on the marathon of ministry and how to finish well. 2 Timothy 4 is the text. Paul is being poured out like a drink offering, he is dying and yet he is ready and looks back and is proud of his efforts. What a way to go.

My stomach is a little weird today. I am trying a diet coke at 5:30 a.m. to settle it.

We tried to purchase the copy machine again on Wednesday this time with the South Lindsay card and we had the same problem. I chose not to get upset. I gave the poor sales lady a PayDay for her efforts. We will wire the money so Ed can get it next week. I tried. The system failed. It is out of my control.


We will travel and see lots of the ocean as in this picture. There are over 7000 islands in this archipelago. We will see a few today. Mt. Carmel is an international bible camp located south of Davao. It is also the location of what missionaries call the Farm. It is a training center and meeting place for missionaries from all over Asia. We will possibly see an SBC missionary who will remain unnamed. A man and his wife I have know from previous trips. If not, we will see them next Tuesday as they will come to the Aungon's for lunch. They work in the south.

My stomach is better. Coke is even medicinal here. I cannot be sick today. Too much to do. This is the real thing I came for. Thanks for your prayers. I don't want to come across as a typical American. That is hard. We are a bit paternalistic. My real ministry will be one on one. The speech is just a formality.

No comments: