JOHN'S Garage

JOHN'S Garage
Practical thoughts for everyday!

Friday, August 15, 2008

If David Only Knew

A home Bible study is the last evenings activities in Davao, Philippines. In the morning we will pack up and leave in the afternoon. The Bible study was on Psalm 23 and was led by a layman from DIBC. Psalm 23 is a psalm of David. Little did we know that there is a statue of a Philippine rendition of Micheangelo's statue of David. We saw it before studying the Psalm. The statue did not add value to the experience I don't think. I have not talked candidly with Laurie about it.

We had food....food and more food. I am going on a diet when this is over and getting back on my walking regimine.

Back to David. He was big and gold and in the pool below him he had sharks swimming. They were called nurse sharks, we are not sure why but I have a few ideas. I would not share them in public. David was the guard of the Davao gulf. It was interesting....it is against my better judgement but I think I will include a picture of it. Get ready. Here it is.

No comments: